Editors consider only online submissions made through the MDM or MDM P&P ScholarOne Manuscripts Web sites; ScholarOne Manuscripts must be used for the submission of all new, revised, and resubmitted material. ScholarOne Manuscripts is a secure, cloud-based, third-party product. During manuscript submission, please give precedence to the instructions presented within these guidelines (or those sent to you from the editors via e-mail) rather than on-screen commands. The editorial office does not accept submissions by e-mail, mail, or fax. Any submission that comes to the editorial office by these methods will be returned with instructions on how to submit the manuscript online, as shown below. The MDM editorial office is not responsible for processing manuscripts and materials that have been submitted improperly. New manuscripts are generally processed weekly: Monday morning at 9:00 am US CST/CDT. Manuscripts received after this time will be processed the following week.
In addition, all manuscript submissions require a cover letter. Authors are prompted to include a cover letter at the time of manuscript submission. This requirement applies to all resubmissions and revisions, both of which must also include a point-by-point response from the author to all reviewer and editor comments.
During the online submission process, the submitting author is asked to identify keywords from two lists: APPLICATION AREAS and DETAILED METHODOLOGY. The editors use these author-selected keywords to match the manuscript to reviewers who have pertinent expertise. Authors are encouraged to review these keyword lists carefully—and completely—before making selections to ensure that the best possible keywords are chosen for the manuscript.
During manuscript submission and review, please be aware of the following:
- It is not necessary to complete the submission in a single step. The submitting author can stop at any point, save, and continue the process again later.
- Subsequent to manuscript submission, all authors may track the status of the manuscript by logging in to the ScholarOne Manuscripts Author Center for MDM or MDM P&P. However, correspondence between the editorial office and the authorial team will be strictly limited to the designated contact author. Once a manuscript is accepted for review, any status inquiries must include a manuscript ID and should be received no sooner than 60 days after the formal submission date.
- (!) To ensure timely communication with the editorial office and SAGE production, please verify that all e-mails from *manuscriptcentral.com, *uic.edu, and *sagepub.com are permitted by your e-mail server(s) (i.e., safe senders list, whitelist). Please consult with your home institution’s information technology department for more information. (!)
To submit a new manuscript to MDM or MDM P&P, please complete the following steps:
- Access the appropriate Web site: MDM (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mdm) or MDM P&P (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mdm-pp)
Notes: If you have not done so already, please create a ScholarOne Manuscripts account. Click the blue arrow button next to Create Account: New users click here. Then, follow the online prompts.
>>If you had an account on the MDM ScholarOne site prior to the launch of MDM P&P (October 15, 2015), your ScholarOne Manuscripts account log-on information for MDM P&P is the same.
- On the Welcome page, enter the Author Center.
- Under Author Resources, click anywhere on the following line:
★ Click here to submit a new manuscript
- Follow the online prompts to submit a manuscript.
Inquiries regarding the online submission process may be addressed to Rebecca J. Fiala, MA, at the MDM editorial office.
Updated: 05 Oct 2016, RJF